The CIES-UBI is a pole of CIES-Iscte in University of Beira Interior (UBI).
It is the result of a collaboration between the previous UBI sociology research centre (UBI-CES) and CIES-Iscte, as well as of a broader understanding between UBI and Iscte in the fields of research and knowledge transmission.
The creation of the pole has allowed not only to increase synergies with CIES-IUL researchers, but also to broaden the Centre's regional scope of intervention, in a close relationship with the local and regional communities.
CIES-UBI main goals:
- Develop projects of pure or applied research in the field of sociology or other related social sciences;
- Develop theoretical models and methodologies within the framework of the different lines of research and projects;
- Promote and support national and international publication of research results, in the areas of knowledge considered relevant and innovative;
- Promote and assess the social intervention based on research;
- Organize and assist in the organization of congresses, symposia, seminars, specialized courses, scientific meetings and conference cycles;
- Stimulate and deepen the connection of the University with the community, actively promoting inter-institutional forms of cooperation that contribute to the formation of policy-making and action.
Scientific Coordinator: Nuno Miguel Cavaca Augusto
Estrada do Sineiro
Phone +351 275 319 600
Amélia Maria Cavaca Augusto
Researcher | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ana Rita Martins Ochoa de Castro
Researcher | email@example.com
Catarina Sales Barbas de Oliveira
João Dias das Neves
Researcher | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuno Miguel Cavaca Augusto
Scientific Coordinator | email@example.com
Antónia do Carmo Anginho Barriga
Researcher | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alcides Almeida Monteiro
Researcher | email@example.com